British Software develops elegant, powerful yet simple to use solutions for our client’s complex problems. We’re challenged every day to meet briefs asking for the earth, and we use our unique problem solving approach to create bespoke solutions, using open source languages and frameworks.
We’re looking for experienced software engineers who can help us architect, build and scale our solutions to support the company’s rapid growth. With each new brief, we re-evaluate our technology stack to ensure we’re using the right tool for the job. From auto-scaling, auto-healing globally distributed hosting and caching setups, through to elegant and beautiful frameworks such as PHP and Node, all the way to powerful frontend frameworks including React, Angular and Vue; our project managers and developers work through all the options before selecting just the right ones. And that’s not always the ones that are fashionable.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business as we work on unique, bespoke systems using leading packages, tools and tech, collaborating as a tight, driven team whose work has a big impact on our client’s product and customer experience.
We are looking for someone with…
- 3+ years experience hands-on frontend and backend development
- Expertise in object oriented programming in languages such as PHP / Rails
- Some experience with CMS systems such as WordPress, Magento and Drupal
- Some experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony
- Some experience with Linux in a DevOps environment
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are tenacious, curious and collaborative
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with lot of context and minimal guidance
- Enjoy collaborating with and guiding other engineers across the company to understand requirements, platform usage etc.
In return, we’ll offer:
- Market-leading competitive salary
- 28 days of holiday plus bank holidays (35 total)
- Free comprehensive private medical and dental cover
- Access to the cycle-scheme for tax-free bike purchase
- Free gym membership
- Time to explore your own ideas incorporated into your working day
- Opportunity to help form and shape the company as part of our growing team
Think you fit the bill? Email your CV over to email@example.com.