British Software develops elegant, powerful yet simple to use solutions for our client’s complex problems. We’re challenged every day to meet briefs asking for the earth, and we use our unique problem solving approach to create bespoke solutions, using open source software packages.
We’re looking for a junior developer who can help us architect, build and scale our solutions to support the company’s rapid growth. With each new brief, we re-evaluate our technology stack to ensure we’re using the right tool for the job. From frameworks, distributed database and caching technologies, through to frontend JS frameworks and bootstraps, our project managers and developers work through all the options before selecting just the right ones (and that’s not the ones that are fashionable). You don’t necessarily need professional or commercial experience, we can give you that, just a passion for coding and a desire to learn fast.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business as we work on powerful distributed systems using leading edge technologies, collaborating as a tight, driven team whose work has a big impact on our client’s product and customer experience.
We are looking for someone with…
- Commercial or self-taught frontend and backend development
- Some knowledge object oriented programming in languages such as PHP / Rails
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are tenacious, curious and collaborative
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with lot of context and minimal guidance
- Enjoy collaborating with and guiding other engineers across the company to understand requirements, platform usage etc.
- Have some experience with CMS systems such as WordPress, Magento and Drupal
- Have some experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel and Symphony
- Have some experience with linux and scripting languages
In return, we’ll offer:
- Market-leading competitive salary
- 28 days of holiday plus bank holidays (35 total)
- Free comprehensive private medical and dental cover
- Access to the cycle-scheme for tax-free bike purchase
- Free gym membership
- Time to explore your own ideas incorporated into your working day
- Opportunity to help form and shape the company as part of our growing team
Think you fit the bill? Email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org.